[Dailydrool] Mourning period has ended

Heidi I Sarver hsarver at me.com
Mon Dec 14 17:32:53 PST 2009

Ok, I can still be set off by the simplest things and fall apart over
Buford but apparently the mourning period for Della and Guinness has
passed.

1)  Guinness has claimed Buford's chair by the fireplace...neither
went near it for 4-5 days now it has become "The Cat Chair;"
2)  Della has claimed Buford's chair in the master bedroom...neither
went near it for 4-5 days now it has become "The Bear Chair;"
3)  Della **NEVER** Counter-cruised.  5 years old and only a quick
partial-jump-and-glance.  Today she snagged my bagel--her first ever
counter acquisition;
4)  I was forced to replace Buford in the living room/dining room
Basset 500.  Buford would stand in the middle of the room and bark
while Della did the figure 8 around the dining room table and living
room coffee table.  Now it is I who gets on my hands and knees and
eggs her on....yes, it is QUITE the sight.

Sigh.  I miss the boy especially when I come home and do not hear him
thumping his tail on the couch greeting me, and I suppose I always
will want to hear that sound.  But I'm so very happy that Della has
adjusted to his absence so well.  I worried she would not handle being
the only dog as she was brought into the pack setting.  I'm beginning
to think she was MEANT to be an only dog--she is starting to come into
her own and it makes me very happy to see.

Snooters to all; drool to everyone in need!!!  (It kept Buford in my
life for many years so I know it works until it is truly their time to
journey on without us.)

--heidi, della and guinness the cat
--buford atb