[Dailydrool] More Gray Hair

ellen at carlson4travel.com ellen at carlson4travel.com
Tue Dec 15 07:53:14 PST 2009

I let the beasts out into the back yard this morning right before I went
upstairs to dress for work. Same routine, different day. I went up to our
bedroom and happened to look out the side window and saw Magnolia sniffing
around. The side window looks into the SIDE yard.not the fenced BACK yard. I
bolted down the stairs and out the door on that side of the house and the
gate was pushed open (it has an unlatched padlock through the hardware to
lock it). No dogs in sight. My neighbor across the street was just backing
out her driveway and yelled that they were on the other side of the house. I
caught sight of them and called them and squatted down for the joyous
reunion.and was ignored entirely. I then played the "I'm going to run away
from you.catch me!" game.and was ignored entirely. I have not yet mentioned
that I'm out there in my pajamas with no coat and it's in the 30's with snow
on the ground. Oliver then crossed the road, followed closely by Gracie Lou
and Magnolia as I yelled.and was ignored entirely. Seeing the direction they
were heading, I ran back into the house.yelled for my nephew to get
up.grabbed cold cuts and leashes and a coat and headed back out. Handed
Chris the cold cuts and he sprinted up the street and got about three houses
up and stopped. Yelled for the beasts AND THEY CAME TO HIM. We slip knotted
the leashes over their heads and headed home. By the time we got there the
slip knot was around Magnolia's belly.we're not sure how.we call her
"Houndini". They quite enjoyed their little adventure. I did not.  Chris had
to hit his inhaler upon our return to the house, sprinting in the cold air
was a high school thing and that was several years ago! We're not sure if
one of the prospective house buyers left the gate ajar.the last showing was
two days ago. In any case.the gates don't HAVE to be opened to allow for
mowing in the wintertime, so they're going to be zip-tied closed on top of
the other precautions.

I arrived at work at 9am ready for a glass of wine! I guess I'll have to
wait.

Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou Flatbasset & Oliver & Abigail (ATB)

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (4.0.0.26 - 10.100.220).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/