[Dailydrool] question

Michael Brooks michael.brooks88 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 13:23:02 PST 2009

Someone I work with was telling me the other day about going for a walk and suddenly hearing a big, deep "WOOF!" behind her. She spun around expecting a really big dog only to find a basset standing there. She said that she knew it was ok because if "the basset didn't lick me to death first, even I can out run one.". All I could say was it was clear she'd never chased a basset and she'd be really surprised.
Over the years, I've also learned that bassets are a lot smarter than people believe and what is usually seen as proof of a dumb dog is really stubborn, manipulative, and often smarter than dad.

Michael, Diane, Miss Hattie (the lone Pwincess), Freyja (the Psycho Kitty), Daphne (ATB), Mr. Peabody (ATB), and Hooter (ATB)