[Dailydrool] Really?! After 5 1/2 years? REALLY!?

Heidi I Sarver hsarver at me.com
Tue Dec 15 17:43:57 PST 2009

Linda, you're right--Della is coming into her own and it is, indeed as
if she is a new dog in my life. For 5 1/2 years this quiet little
basset would only drink water out of the bowl **AFTER** Buford had is
fill.  It had to have Buford drool and foamy slobber in it--the full
floating backwash layer or she would NOT drink.  If you added water to
the bowl before she started drinking, forget it.  It was ruined and
she would walk away and lay down sulking.  Tonight the world has
starting spinning in reverse. The bowl was there next to her food bowl
since this morning's breakfast.  She only had a little bit of water
from it so I just left it.  (She has another bowl upstairs in the
master bedroom where she stays during the day while I'm at work.)  She
ate dinner and then just looked at the bowl and then back at me.  I'm
standing their with tears in my eyes trying to explain to her that
Buford isn't here to drink first anymore.  She just stood there,
waiting.  On a hunch, I picked up the bowl, dumped it in the sink,
refilled it with fresh water and put it back down.  She dove in like
she was dying of thirst.

I stood there thinking one thing:  you have GOT to be kidding me!  If
she turns into some prissy demanding princess I don't know what I'll do!

--heidi (no way pup, no way.  you are NOT a diva!)
--della (oh yes I am!)
--guinness (I like my water cup on the kitchen window sill thank you)
--buford atb (damn girl, didn't I teach you to drink out of the
toilets???)