[Dailydrool] Our foster, Sydney, Surgery update

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Tue Dec 15 20:59:10 PST 2009

Sydney, 11 year old rescue from a kill shelter.
Had surgery today to address a number of lumps, bumps, lesions, cysts,
etc that have not healed in the month or so she's been here.  A total of
8 'things' were removed, several of which concerned the vet enough to be
sent in for biopsy.  I haven't counted how many staples she has but I do
know there are 8 stitches, because I can take those out on my own when
the time is right.  She had blood work pulled and everything is
perfectly normal.  Pending biopsy results she will be ready for adoption
if anyone here is interested (transport can be arranged within reason!!)
Right now she looks like Frank-en-basset with all the various staple
lines, stitches and shaved fur.  The vet tech gave me a report of her
being the sweetest animal I've brought in yet...... and I've brought in
quite a few!  If the results from the biopsies are bad news, she'll have
a place to call home for the duration.  She'll never be dumped again on
my watch.

Carmen and herd