[Dailydrool] heartworm meds

kr1204 at aol.com kr1204 at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 06:02:33 PST 2009

I live in South New Jersey and most of the vets around here recommend year
round treatment and not because they own stock in the company.
We have had a number of below freezing nights already yet a few days ago
when it went up into the 50's I was outside and here comes a mosquito and
landed  on me. My understanding is that the larvae sort of hibernate in cold
weather but  there are always little nooks and crannies in gardens and sheds
where they  can quickly mature if the temp goes up. Makes sense because if
mosquitos were  really "killed off" by cold weather, they wouldn't be back in
the Spring!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan