[Dailydrool] Happy ending

Janis Wetherbee firefly at citlink.net
Thu Dec 17 08:43:59 PST 2009

Here's a little Christmas story for you all with a happy ending.

An elderly woman was admitted to a nursing facility last weekend leaving her 10-11 year old basset hound homeless.  The family called their vet who wasn't on call to take the dog and most likely due to her age and some health issues euthanize her.  The on call vet decided that they would not put her down but try and find her a place.  They started her on some meds to make her more comfortable.  In the mean time the vets vet tech went home and was telling her husband about this poor hound who they hoped to not have to euthanize but were'nt sure if anyone would want a partially paralyzed older houndette.  Husband says "Hey, I've got this customer who has some Basset Hound stickers on her car, maybe she would know someone".  Wife says "CALL HER!"    Husband gets busy next day and forgets.  In the meantime said customer has a question about some problems with her car and stops in the shop to ask questions.  Husband answers question and then says, "Say, my wife is a vet tech and they have this basset hound they need to find a place for,  Here's the vets name - can you help?"  Customer says "OF COURSE!!"  So Off I go to the vets office to see a very elderly and unhappy hound who wants out of her kennel.  She is down in the rear but they have her on some prednisone and pain meds and something to calm her since she is away from her long time mom.  I tell them I have the perfect place for her and will let them know as soon as I can as to when she can go.  I contact Dawn of the West at Daphneyland and Voila... she is going to go to her new home at Daphneyland as soon as we can get her there.  (I'd keep her here but unfortunately I have 4 hounds and a Chihuahua in my single wide mobile)

Merry Christmas to all and to all - spay and neuter and adopt elderly hounds.  They are wonderful!

Dont' ya' love happy endings?

Janis and the Havasu Hounds