[Dailydrool] GGBR's 63 dogs

Sherry Faulkner saf47 at att.net
Thu Dec 17 10:03:31 PST 2009

In 2007, OMBR rescued 24 dogs from a puppymill in Oklahoma. 10 were
newborn pups. We were so fortunate to have a vet who was more than
generous with us, and after all was said and done, with the discounts he
gave us, not to mention all the testing and treatments he donated, our
vet bill was $17,000, and that doesn't include our board bill. We
estimate that he only charged us about 25% of the total bill. This was
at Arkansas prices. California rates are considerably higher.

GGBR is looking at vetting 63 dogs, many with assorted illnesses, not to
mention spaying and neutering and their bills are going to be
astronomical. I know it's rough out there with the economy as it is, but
I would like to plead for them to all our wonderful Droolers. Please
donate to help these dogs. Please. Had it not been for all of you, we
would never have been able to save the OMBR24, and that is not an
exaggeration. We couldn't have done it, plain and simple, and all those
wonderful dogs would have lost their lives. Today I hear regularly from
many of the OMBR24 adopters and it gives me such pleasure to know what
wonderful lives those hounds now have, and the GGBR63 deserve as much.

GGBR is looking at an almost unsurmountable expense for any rescue, but
I know in my heart that with the support of the members of the Drool,
they will succeed in this wonderful rescue effort.

Golden Gate Basset Rescue helped us at OMBR during our tough times with
the OMBR24, and we're forever indebted to them. Please be generous, as
you were with us, and help them help these wonderful dogs.

Sherry Faulkner, President
Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue, Inc.
Fayetteville, AR/Vinita, OK
saf47 at att.net