[Dailydrool] Need Advice

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Thu Dec 17 12:48:46 PST 2009

My husband has a student who is deploying to Afghanistan in January.  He has a
youngish male basset that he *thought* he had finalized arrangements for.  He found
out yesterday that the person who agreed to take the dog, is no longer willing.

We, for reasons I cannot go into now, cannot take the dog.  It is rather ironic
because we have been offering for several months but were told it was taken care
of.  Circumstances have changed for us both, I guess.

Anyway, I suppose what I am looking for are ideas who to help this young man and
his basset.  We live in a small town, close to Birmingham, AL.  Any ideas are
welcome.

Jennifer
~~~~~~~
Abby and Eli (Lucy and Eyson ATB)
Arooo Y'all
~~~~~~~~
"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I
am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much
in loving a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if
they were to live double that time?”   Sir Walter Scott