[Dailydrool] Need Advice

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Dec 17 14:12:24 PST 2009

Well I think you've made one of the right first steps .. ie looking to the
Drool...

Next steps are things like ... Find your local (local is a "relative" term)
Basset Rescue and see if they have resources to help

Contact HSUS, Local news outlets to let them know leaving military personell
face this issue, and make sure the military person gets with their
deployment center, they may also have some resources or should start making
contacts for resources for just such an issue.

The more attention that can be garnered for this issue, the better .. maybe
someone will come forward, even if not in AL to help out ... ie long term
foster, etc..

My sister currently works as a subcontractor for the Army Corps of Engineers
... from what I understand of her job, she works with deployees and their
families, looking to find resources that they need, financial, emotional,
supportive, etc.. part of that is through army one source and so on..

So if the Corps has this, I would expect all other branches to have
something similar ... and if they don't have something now, maybe they will
work to GET something into place to help deployees.

-Robert