[Dailydrool] HELP -- NEED drool desperately for Daisy now

Susan Randolph msrandolph at verizon.net
Thu Dec 17 15:56:54 PST 2009

I want to thank all of the wonderful Droolers who have sent kind e-mails and
cards on the loss of my Stanley (whose ashes arrived just yesterday) -- but
now I'm desperately pleading for drool for my Daisy. This morning for the
first time in her 10 years, she refused food and began behaving EXACTLY as
Stanley had done at the onset of his problems. She has NEVER EVER refused
food -- and I even tried cheese (which is her all-time favorite). She was
also stretching her hind legs as though her tummy was bothering her. In a
panic, I took her straight to the ER vet (it was too early for my regular
vet and I wasn't taking any chances). They did bloodwork and took x-rays,
which showed no problems, but given her behavior, they decided to monitor
her for the day. By noon she developed bloody diarrhea, which is also
exactly what happened to Stanley.

They have her on IV fluids and antibiotics -- and I'm beside myself. I just
cannot face the possibility of losing her too. And she has spent only one
other night in a hospital in her life (and that was when she was spayed).
Please please please send drool for my baby. I can't seem to breathe right
now, but I'm trying.

Drool on,

Susan