[Dailydrool] dog moanings

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Sat Dec 19 20:35:00 PST 2009

We have an 11 yr older and she always was a moany kind of dog.  When she would lay down she would moan, or she would stretch and moan.  She did it a lot over the years so I stopped paying attention to it.  Lately, she is moaning more and acting like something is bothering her.  I can't figure out what.  For the past two nights I have given her an dog aspirin and she seems better with that.  She eats and runs and seems ok otherwise. It could be arthritis. My husband says she is just getting old and starting to show her age.  I am really disturbed by this and I am hoping this is not anything serious.  I am calling our vet on Monday to ask her opinion.  Its hard to know what is ailing them if anything is because you can't see inside the dog.  Can we get some drool slung this way.  Perhaps I am just an overanxious Mom.
Renee