[Dailydrool] Rufus Update

Shanem shanemmail-forums at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 14:01:57 PST 2009

Just a quick update on Rufus the rockeater.  We brought him home last wed. evening to much relief on his part (and the vet's I think as well--he was barking good for them!!!).  So far no problems except Sat. he vomited once and was acting a little slower than usual, so we took him in for a quick checkup.  Our vet said he didn't see any concerns at this point and that he may need better pain meds, so we got that and everything seems better so far.  His output on the rear end is still a little weak, but all he's eating is chicken/rice with chicken broth, scrambled eggs, and low sodium chicken noodle soup every 3 hours or so--so that's probably why.  We have an Italian basket muzzle that should be here tomorrow, so hopefully it fits decent and that will help curb his eating everything habits while outside.

A big thanks to all who emailed in concern and with suggestions, and all the drool slung this way for Rufus.

All you houndies out there in need of Drool, Roofer is sending what he can spare!!!