[Dailydrool] Piper Update

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 09:11:21 PST 2009

Dear Drool family,
Pipers pathology report came back today and she has T-cell Lymphoma,
we have caught it very early and she is on a very mild form of chemo.
Her prognosis is a minimum of 1 year and she could last up to 3
providing we keep her on the prednisilone and the other drug that
supresses the cancer, Cytosomething, I was not really paying a whole
lot of attention to drug names when the vet told me.  He was very
straightforward with me and told me that as long as her lymph glands
stay down, the medication is working, but once they come up again, it
will be 3 to 6 months.  I don't know how long I'll have my baby but
however long it is, she will have everything she needs and when the
time comes, I will do what I have to.  I won't let her suffer, she has
given me 9 wonderful and happy years so far, she is my little clown,
and now its my turn to do everything I possibly can for her to make
her remaining time as happy and comfortable as I can.
Its not fair that our Hounds get these awful illnesses!
Drool to all who need it and snooter kisses too.
Love
Karen with Piper, Coco and Whisky (The Out of Africa Bassets)