[Dailydrool] People drive me crazy

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 18:07:37 PST 2009

I have to add to post as well.  Today I had to stop at the pet store to drop off some brochures for GGBR.  Martha told me that she had a man come in asking about basset rescue.  Of course Martha told him about me and GGBR.  He wanted my phone number and address so he could drop a basset off with me before Christmas Day.

Here is the story.  This man's son was called to go to Iraq just recently.  Dad agreed to keep his basset until he returned.  Dad has two dogs of his own and now feels 3 are too much and wants the basset gone.  I had to laugh.  I am here with my gang of Ruby Doo and the 4 bassets plus my two fosters from the Great GGBR Basset Rescue.  Now add to that I have Chloe basset for the holidays while her Mom is out of state. (I agreed to this before I knew about our 61 bassets and didn't have the heart to back out.)  As well as having 4 cats (3 are fosters) and Cuddles guinea pig. This man is complaining about 3.  I absolutely was livid.  I feel so bad for the son who is risking his life and his father is backing out of his promise to keep his boy's basset.  If that man had been there I would have been in jail this Christmas.

I am like so many on the Daily Drool.  I have a responsibility to care for my gang for the rest of their life.  After last Friday I just am finding myself having little pity for people like this man.  I think I am going to have to plant some trees soon. (Dawn of the West this one is for you. LOL)

Well it is time to feed Ruby Doo and the 7 houndies.
Merry Christmas to all.  We are sending drool to all that is in need.  You are in are thoughts and prayers.
Karen and The Dog house Gang