[Dailydrool] Hardwood floor cleaning

Ross Houndage mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 08:35:48 PST 2009

Merry Christmas droolies to everyone for a fabulous day with houndies, family, good food and treats!

Ok, not exactly a Christmas topic, but I'm planning ahead. I will be moving into my new house the week of Jan 18th. That means I'm moving OUT of the rental by the end of Jan. I need to get the wood floors nice and clean. This was a brand new house before we moved in a couple of months ago, so I need to return it to as pristine condition as I can. The living room has hardwood floors with little grooves between the boards. And there are some dents from the dogs' nails. It's not terrible and I've had some cheap carpet over much of it, but there is about 3 ft square between the tile kitchen and the living room that has taken most of the wear - right as I come up the stairs from the garage so they dance around there and peak thru the railing at me. Anyway, what is the best way to get this floor looking the best it can, once the dogs are out and I can really clean it? Someone recommended Orange Glo hardwood cleaner, but the reviews are terrible. They say it works great the first time, then leaves a sticky while film the next time you try to do anything, so that is OUT. I know I can't fix the dents/marks, but I'd like to hide them the best I can. I really hate hard wood, much prefer tile but this is what was here so I need to deal with it. There is hardwood in the living room of my new house too, though I suspect that may change to tile and a heated floor before too long.

How about it Droolers? I hope you have some good recommendations!

We send drool to everyone who needs it, four feet or two, and wish a glorious, amazing, prosperous, fun-filled, Happy New Year to all!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Peaches, Pearl, Dickens (when do we get the Roast Beast?)
Ace & Kirby (don't worry, we'll get it down if she doesn't)