[Dailydrool] Hardwood floor cleaning

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Fri Dec 25 11:08:14 PST 2009

I have had hardwood in most the house for the whole time I have owned it,  about 17 yrs now.  Before I moved in, I had the floors done and since then 2x more.  Each time I get the highest quality finish I can that is not high gloss,  so I feel because of this, have not had much damage due to nails.

This last time we had the floors sanded down and refinished,  we were told to only use a vinegar and water solution to mop with.  The other products will eventually damage the finish.  It cleans really well and the finish has held up well.
The mixture we use is about 1/2 cup to a gallon of water....I sue hot water in the mix.

Hope this helps!

and good luck on your move!

wen