[Dailydrool] Hardwood floor cleaning

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 15:10:32 PST 2009

You have to know what finish is on the floor and if the floor is premade or full thickness wood, oil or urethane polymer, etc.  It is fairly complex.  If you use the wrong product, you can ruin the floor to the degree it has to be pulled up.

I would spend the money to have a professional flooring company come and handle the refinishing.  That way it is taken care of properly and you do not have to burden your landlord with the problem, even if you give them the money to cover it, I think it is better to have it done right before the landlord does the final walkthrough, so that the landlord will again be open to a tenant with a dog as large as a basset.

This is a big problem in our society when a renter with a pet leaves a home with a problem.  Then that landlord is less open to pets in the future.  It is so critical to take care of these things and have it be a spotless result appearing like new if at all possible.

Even to the degree of making sure all the poop is picked up from the backyard and adjacent areas.  I even suggest that if people live in a common dog accessed facility that you pick up any poop you find.  Not just from your own dogs.  It could make the difference between your dog being welcomed or not down the road.

And yes, we put in full thickness local wood with six layers of polyurethane which holds up really well under dogs.

Sara*