[Dailydrool] Hardwood floor cleaning

Ross Houndage mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:30:12 PST 2009

Thanks Sara, but I'm not looking to refinish a floor that is 3 months old. There must be some way to CLEAN it, as I can't imagine people refinish the floor every time it gets dirty. I just want to get the best result I can when I do clean it. I've used a swiffer, but it's a little streaky, and I go through lots of pads, keeping up with the paw prints. Once the dogs are out it will stay clean and I can get down and scrub the grooves. Just wondering what to use. I've had the recommendation of just using vinegar and water and that sounds like a good way to start. At least I shouldn't do any damage with that.

And I do understand the trust my realtor/landlord put in me to rent to someone with 8 dogs. Picking up the yard is a given. At least as best I can with the snow. I know there is some poop buried there, but it won't be seen until spring. I'll be back once things thaw to take the fence down, so will go over the yard again then.

Synthia