[Dailydrool] Food aggression

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 26 05:58:01 PST 2009

I have a 2 year old male basset that is displaying food and toy aggression.
He growls and snarls to the point that I am afraid to put my hand within
range. I don't think he would bite me for the rest of the time he is so
sweet. How do I curb this behavior? He just started displaying it, so I
thought maybe it was a rite of passage into manhood (he is neutered) and it
is his way of trying to become alpha dog. There are two other dogs. The
oldest 14 year old female seems to be his main target. They have actually
come to blows over treats. The 14 year old is a shepherd chow mix so she
could really hurt him but so far has chosen not to. HELP! Before one of them
gets hurt.

Susan & critters