[Dailydrool] white tail tips

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 10:59:20 PST 2009

I know WHY the white tip is there, but now that you mention it, it is
strange that with the huge variety in pattern, the seeming randomness of
hound coloration, that the tail tip is so consistent. I am sure some
geneticist could explain it, since it must be genetically determined. I used
to have a book on inherited coat color but I couldn't understand more than a
few words, like "and", "the" and "sometimes".
It is an interesting question.
Perhaps your mind should not be allowed out without adult supervision....