[Dailydrool] Tails and Tales

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 27 05:39:00 PST 2009

The white 'flag' at the end of Bassets tails was a desired trait that was selected by breeders so the flag could be seen and followed while hunting in brush.  I agree it is amazing so many of them all have it - all of mine do (and have) and they are all rescues, not finely bred (or not so finely bred) from breeders.  My poor Duffy has about 6 white hairs at the end of his brown tail and I always threaten to trim them off when he is bad - an idle threat but it sounds good!

Now for the tale.  My youngest, Pete, is always picking things up on walks - thank goodness he knows 'leave it' which he does unless it is something especially yummy.  This morning he picked up what we thought was an acorn but he did not chew it on the way home, like he usually does.  When we got home from our walk and into the laundry room he dropped his treasure at my husband's feet.  To my HORROR it was a bass fishing wormy thing attached to a BIG FISH HOOK.  The stars were shining on us this morning - thank DoG he just carried it safely home and did not chew on it or swallow it.  GOOD DOG!  We did not even have to tell him to 'leave it'!

Happy and Healthy New Year to All!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , BASSETKU and  RESKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me