[Dailydrool] End of the Year

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 27 13:02:51 PST 2009

Here at Bluegrass Basset Rescue we have been plugging along one dog at a time.  Since December 2008, we rescued and/or placed Busters 1 and 2, Bonnie, Biscuit, Bozart, Percy Jackson, Miss Pearl, Beth, Bella, Bassie, Buddys 1 and 2, Bridget, Basil, Belle, Flappy, Hannah, Charlotte, Griffon, Mimi, Ginger, Peanut, Poppi, Morey, Number Three, Smokey, Joyful, Kristie, and a number of others we were able to get to other rescues when we had no room at the inn. (And you see we have this B name thing going!)

Now, with just 4 days left to the year, we are taking in Zoe, a 13 year old left at a shelter; Barney, a starved TN basset his owner was convinced to give up by a very Good Samaritan; Banjo, another starving stray who had a bad case of ringworm, and now Magi, a 7 week old puppy given to a child as a Christmas present and who is now "just not working out."

Zoe needs a dental VERY badly. Barney needs food.  Banjo needs neutering and Magi needs shots, worming, hernia surgery and a neuter.  If you have a dollar to spare, we could sure put it to great use!  In addition, we will have some great items up for grabs on Hounds Bay soon--keep your eyes peeled for details!!  Donations can be PayPaled to bluegrassbassetresq at yahoo.com or mailed to BBR, Inc., 133 S. Sunset Circle, Hopkinsville KY 42240.

"When the great help the small, both are saved."  Thank you so much for all of the support you have given to us throughout the years!!!

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 2
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Buddy and Zoe
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org