[Dailydrool] walking on the side of paws

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Mon Dec 28 08:45:30 PST 2009

Ole Maggie again.   Poor girl is just falling apart.   one problem that we are doctoring for  is an infected anal gland, or an infected mass within an anal gland.  Vet not sure yet as it is too solid to lance.  She is on antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and warm compresses for a couple of days to soften it up.

But the problem that I think is rather bizarre and wondering if anyone has ever had this problem......Part of the Pads of Maggie's rear feet look like they are fading away, and her rear feet are very sensitive to the touch.   The vet noticed that she is walking on the sides of her rear feet pushing the large middle pad to the side giving it the funny look.     Other than orthopedic shoes (tongue in cheek) I don't know how to correct this problem.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com