[Dailydrool] OK, SO MAYBE I'M JUST PARANOID

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 14:48:10 PST 2009

i have been reading some books that the someone on the Drool  recommened.
"For the Love of a Dog" and "the Other End of the Leash", both  by Patricia
McConnell, animal behaviorist.  the reviews i read on amazon  were great, so
i bought them for myself and started reading "For the Love of a  Dog."
it's basically about reading your dog's body language.  and how  what we think
they're thinking, they're not.  so anyways, she puts a great  deal of
attention on the open or slacked mouth of a dog and says if your dog  regualrly
has an open or slaked jaw, he is happy.  she says no matter what  else he may
be doing, it the mouth is not open, he's not happy.  well,  gus's mouth is
never open!  his tail wags 24/7, even when he sleeps and i  walk in the room,
his eyes don't open but the tail is a-wagging.  so now,  i'm so worried
that he's not happy, i'm sick over this.  would love to hear  from you folks on
what you think.  do your dogs walk around with an open  mouth most of the
time?  HELP!!!!!!!!!!
thanks,
susan, loving slave to Gus