[Dailydrool] OK, SO MAYBE I'M JUST PARANOID

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 02:59:36 PST 2009

Basset anatomy is a little different, so I interpret things like open mouth to be relaxed jaw.  You will not see as much open mouth per se because of the lip set but if you look at the tightness in the jaw and neck, that is a good indicator and matches what she is describing.  During play the mouth becomes much more relaxed, tongue is often out and I do see more actual open mouth then.

Ear set is judged at the base of the ears.

Sara