[Dailydrool] nails at my house

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 15:17:40 PST 2009

I did not mean to infer that sweet Conley was biting when I do his nails. He
protests.  He opens his mouth and may even put his mouth on my hand but he
never closes his mouth because to do so would be tantamount to declaring war
against MomPerson and he would get his nails cut anyway, just in a much less
pleasant manner.

It was actually Nigel who didn't just threaten but actually SNIZZLED at me,
but that was because I attempted to take juuuuuuuuuust a lit-tle more off of
a nail that already had all off that it needed off. Just a warning to let me
know I was approaching a highly tender spot.

After dealing with Cooper's toes, which are still not right at all, I am a
little sensitive about cutting nails too short. Conley used to be just  fine
altho I never could use the dremel on him, something we are going to begin
working on. I can sit on them and cut nails, but I prefer it to be a little
more positive experience for him than it is now. Since he is going to now be
shown on a fairly regular basis, I expect he will get over the
heebie=jeebies about it fairly quickly, as we are going to be doing this
once a week, complete with special treats.
Zelda was my girl-- she'd lay on her back and hand me her paw. "Pedicure,
please,slave;" I miss my girl....

MomPerson to Nigel (watch it there!!) Llewis (wait, no, let Doc do it)
Conley (Hey! Gimme my foot!) Cooper
(oooooooooooooooooooooooohnooooooooooooooooooooo)

(Seriously, I wonder if we will ever be able to cut Cooper's nails again.
They were done in October, and he still does not leave nail marks in the
snow.)