[Dailydrool] how to 'hold' down a basset to do nails...

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Dec 28 16:28:02 PST 2009

Angleika -- we need a video!  I think I understand your procedure, but a video would be a classic !

Nancy, and Frank the Tank who is quaking at the thought of what you posted...

"Flip victim...errr basset on its side. For me the head goes on the left. Use some belly scritching to get your butt against their back and your legs across them. Left leg goes over shoulder/neck area, right leg over the butt. If you have a biter- put a towel between your thigh and the teeth. Now you can hold the basset down with your legs and have both hands free to do the deed. Be sure to have EVERYTHING within reach before you fetch the basset. I dremel now- but used to clip- it works for both. Having your legs across is what you gives you the leverage to hold them. I do put a blanket or something down-as even those few minutes on your tush and bent over are not kind to your back or buttbones :)
droolies, Angelika"