[Dailydrool] Video Journey of Puppy Mill Dogs

Laurie Zak ljza68tig at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:39:56 PST 2009

oh Shelly, how my heart ached watching this video...the first shot of those beautiful hounds gazing so forlornly out of that concrete bunker looking box started my tears flowing. Today is the one month anniversary of our new babies gotcha day, and they were both puppy mill rescues: Dottie from Iowa, and Annabelle from Nebraska (now their forever home is in Seattle). To think of them having to live in such deplorable conditions for the first few years of their lives just breaks my heart...and seeing this video reminds me to be extra patient, understanding and forgiving of their often unusual and frustrating behaviors, as they have never known the security of a real home, with real "parents" who love and care for them, or felt the mutual bond of trust, respect, and joy possible to be shared with humans. Thank you so much for all of the hard, selfless work you and everyone else out there in rescueland does for these precious animals. I have posted this video on my Facebook page with the plea of "Don't Shop-ADOPT!". Bless you, your volunteers and the new doggie parents...and bless all of those beautiful hounds who, thanks to you, now have the good life that they (and ALL animals) so deserve.

foodslave hugs from Laurie

doggy drool from Max, Dottie & Annabelle (and Masami atb)