[Dailydrool] Video Journey of Puppy Mill Dogs

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Tue Dec 29 15:58:37 PST 2009

What a sad yet beautiful video diary of the Mill bassets.  I found it especially moving after
having witnessed first hand what truly goes on in a puppy mill.  I have to say that for those
of you that were moved by the forlorn and frightened looks while they were being saved
the pictures are much easier on the heart than being there.

I will never forget Dec.18th 2009 when we  were at the GGBR Great Basset Rescue.
The fear that these bassets showed when being brought out of those reeking kennels
that were the only home they have ever known is heartbreaking.  Some of them fought
the leashes, some gave up only to be carried out and a few came out prancing as if they
knew their life was suddenly going to be one of a well loved basset.

I am lying in bed right now with little petite Sophee (she is the size of about a 4 month old buppy)
and Isabelle curled up next to me sleeping peacefully.  Though some may feel their progress
is slow going I feel the pride of a Momma for each tiny little step forward that they take.   A small
wag of the tail brings a huge smile to my face.  There was nothing like watching them experience
the feel of fallen leaves and grass under their feet even if they were were very unsure of the experience for a while.  Let me tell you that I was bursting the day that Sophee came running up
to me when I called bouncing like a little buppy!  Then there was the first time that Isabelle came
into the living room all by herself and crawled on the couch. This was a huge obstacle as Isabelle
acts like she is always waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Everyday I am thankful and grateful to
all those that worked so hard, donated their time and gave what they could, even in these hard times,
to make this rescue of my Nelly Belle's family a reality.  Even though I knew this place was bad when
I brought Nelly Belle out of there a little over 14 months ago I truly did not realize how large or horrid
it really was.

Droolz and many Thank You's to all that helped my girl's family members be in homes for Christmas
 this year.  I will hold you all very dear in my heart and will never forget what you have done.

Karen and The Dog House Gang (with our two newest family members that we will always love.
May they find their "Furever Homes" and always know that we love them.