[Dailydrool] noses thread

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 14:14:16 PST 2009

I guess I am just curious about the nose capabilities in males/females because Sophie keeps digging up dead animal carcassases (these are not recent kills, they are old skeletons) from around the yard and Schroeder isn't.   It's interesting to read everyone's thoughts and opinions and stories.

Those two peanuts are always together sniffing and running around, so I just can't help but wonder if maybe her sniffer is better than Schroeders and if it's a sex thing.  I have been expecting presents since we moved out to the country but have been surprised that she is always the one toting the prize.

Sunday morning she brought me another present and it was a big bird - like a duck or small turkey size.  The skeleton had it's head, half a body and it's legs still attached.  I guess I am glad she brings them to me and doesn't go somewhere and hide and eat them and get sick.

I keep praising her because she really isn't doing anything wrong and again I would rather throw this in the trash than have her eat it.  And at least it's not freshly killed!!! LOL....

We send our drool to all in need and am so sorry to hear about the passings to bridge...

Love,
Annette, Maya, Cassie & Schroeder