[Dailydrool] Basset Buppy for Adoption :)

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 29 18:40:22 PST 2009

Bluegrass Basset Rescue just got in a tricolor male aged 7 weeks.  Long story short, he was bought as a Xmas present and when a scrotal hernia was discovered and the people were told it was $300 to fix (not such a bg deal to them) AND that it would probably kill him [even if repaired!], they opted to take him back to the *lovely* breeders.  THEIR response was to say that the folks could exchange him for another buppy but that one, if returned, would be put down as they coldn't re-sell him!!!!

My vet said a hernia was not deadly and if it were fixed, certainly not going to cause him to die 6 mos from now.  So, the couple buys another puppy (since their toddler had already been promised a puppy and you know you have to give them what they want...) and gives this one to a family member, who finds us.  To top it all off, this poor baby's hip bones are sticking out!  He is grossly underweight (and yet they STILL paid $250 for him!)

We have no one on a waiting list for a buppy, and with hernia surgery in the near future, he is not going anywhere soon, so if anyone is interested in a tiny basset who loves to be held, let me know!  I will be posting him on our site in a few minutes :)

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 1
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Zoe
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org