[Dailydrool] BHPS

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:14:14 PST 2009

I have always suffered from BHPS and there is only one cure - rescue a puppy!  They do not come up very often but for some crazy reason we adopted Hannah Lee Dawg in 2007 at 12 weeks and Pete in 2008 at 16 weeks.  Both came from Basset Rescue of Florida.  Hannah Lee Dawg was a parvo puppy dumped at a vet when her people did not want to treat - Pete was a BYB surrender along with 3 brothers.  I will forever be thankful to the fools who dumped these buppies as the joy they have brought me has helped me survive the past 2 deployments of the Colonel to Afghanistan.

Now peepee does happen and most of my corners - furniture as well as walls - bear the mark of little teeth - but even this is all too fleeting as they grow up so fast.  Now we are dealing with a yard that looks like a minefield as Hannah Lee and Pete try to dig their way to who knows where.

I adore the older hounds and think that House of Puddles and Senior Hounds Abound are heaven on earth for these seniors - but if you ask my friends and family they will tell you that our house has become buppy heaven for the past two years!

Both of my buppies, my 3 older dogs and lots of House of Puddles seniors are pictured in BASSETKU - now on sale to benefit House of Puddles and Basset Rescue of Florida.  My first 10 copies flew out with orders from DROOLERS - 90 more are on their way and this is all that will ever be printed!  So e-mail me at my4hounds at hotmail.com to reserve one of the last 90 and donate to Basset Rescue!!!  $10 each and $5 donated for each book sold.  I promise the $5 I am keeping just covers printing, and mailing!

DROOL to all our friends and for those who are waiting to hear the Colonel is safely back in Afghanistan - he is still stuck in Kuwait waiting for a flight out.
GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me