[Dailydrool] Ears

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 18:32:12 PST 2009

Miss Marley is a grumpy girl tonight.  Actually, she has been a grumpy girl about many things for a while.  She has a reason tonight.  She has a double ear infection and is not a happy camper.

We cleaned ears when we did baths the other day and hers were smelly and the stuff in them funny looking.  I cleaned them and then on Sunday was going to wipe out any leftover gunk.  They were peeling.  The parts with no hair had skin comming off like a sunburn peel.  Never seen anything like it.  I did not touch them and on Monday called the vet.

Marley went to the vet this afternoon and she does have nasty ears.   Lots of bacteria and yeast.  She likes to go to the vet to see Jo, her "grandma" before we had her.  The rest she can do without.  Now she has to have drops in the ears, special wash, anti inflamatory meds, and to add insult to injury, Marley got a shot in the butt.  In the muscle.  She was not pleased.

She is now snoozing in Dad's chair and growling at anything that moves.   She didn't even eat all of her dinner.  I know she is upset when she doesn't eat.  I just hope she feels better tomorrow.  A grumpy Marley is not a nice thing.

Everyone in bassetdom is snoring.  Except the humans, of course.

Snooters from the Southern Illinois girls and the mom