[Dailydrool] underweight

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:20:51 PST 2009

I missed Menzie's response about intact dogs, but that is so funny because
ten minutes earlier I sent a private post suggesting that if she is intact
this could easily be why she is not gaining weight.
Both my male Belgians, when they were being shown and were intact, were
HORRIBLE to keep weight on, in fact I could not.Quiller
could stand in the living room and lose two pounds. By the time I got Cooper
I realised a lot of it was being intact and had quit being quite so
psychotic about their weight.
Mitchell is intact and has NEVER been overweight, no matter what I feed him.
Now that he is older and I think probably less testosterone laden, he does
gain a bit now and again, but never much.
Nigel, likewise, is intact and is not overweight, nor do I make an effort to
keep him at a certain weight.

Now Zelda was intact and I did have some trouble periodically with her
weight. Once I had to send her to Camp Jackie (the breeder) where she did
(gasp) ROADWORK and got back down to fightin' weight.

I am intact and I have a LOT of roadwork to do to get back to anything even
faintly resembling fightin' weight, so let's talk about something else....

Drool to all in need
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper