[Dailydrool] cyst

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 06:22:26 PST 2009

Ok I don't like to be a wet blanket, but your Vet doesn't THINK it's cancer?
If my dog had a recurring, bloody,pussy growth on his foot I would want to
know what it was, not what the Vet THOUGHT it was.
A simple biopsy will tell you the good news/bad news, and then you will know
positively how to treat it instead of spending months having it come back
over and over and over.
Most likely it is a nailbed infection, but I sure would want to know-- or it
is an interdigital cyst that your dog is irritating by chewing. Or, it could
even be a foreign body.
Personally, I don't like it at all when my Vet says he THINKS it is this or
that.
I want him to say "THIS is what it IS."
He may even say "This is what it is and this is what I think we should do"
and that's fine, because I know WHAT IT IS.
I would go in and say"We've been playing around for a long time: let's find
out exactly what this is and what's causing it, and let's do it now."
I am not known for my patience when it comes to the health of my dogs.