[Dailydrool] my morning present

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 06:11:53 PST 2009

Every morning, it is the same routine.  Momslave up at the barking of Sophie, outside first, feed, outside again, fill up water dish multiple times, get peanut butter ready for giving Cassie her medicine and of course a finger of pb for the rest of the dogs.  Can't give just one.

The weather is WARM in Pittsburgh today.  No one wants to come in.  We are sniffing lots of scents and I think the rabbits are getting under our fence and pooping in the yard.

Everyone comes in just fine.  No Sophie.  I go outside.  Sophie-Here Sophie.  I see her head and she comes a runnin.
I'm all excited.  Good girl, come to mummy.  Come get peanut butter.  Hmph.

She comes in the house and I notice the basset look of "hi, I'm hiding something in my cheeks!"  tail wagging.

I pry her mouth open and what do I see???????  A BIG FRESH, still steaming, TURD.  Dear doG I thought I was going to fall over from the stench.  It was the entire length of her puppy mouth.  UGH>  I reach for a tissue I found in my jammie pockets.  It RIPS as I pull the squishy turd out of her mouth.  Damn, I only got a piece of it as it is squishing in my hands.  Mouth closes and there is a satisfied GLUPP of the remaing turd going down to the basset belly.

So much for my morning appetite.....

Love and drool to all,

Annette, Maya, Cassie, Schroeder and Sophie