[Dailydrool] Pierre

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:39:59 PST 2009

How can such a sweet and lovely dog have so many problems.  When Pierre came home from the Vet after his 3 1/2 day stay for severe liver damage, he was very wobbly when he walked and climbed stairs.  I thought it was because he was still weak from being so ill.  As that wobbly gait continued, I began to believe that it was perhaps that his feet were tender (he can chew then bloody) because of his allergies.  I have been applying ointments and using baby socks on them, and they are really not that inflamed.  I mentioned this problem when Pierre was recently at the Vet's for another blood test, and it now appears that Pierre is having an arthritis flair up.  He has signs of it in one shoulder and one hip.  I am grateful for the posts about Chiropractors because I will consider this for Pierre.  I have started him on Cosequin, but other than that, my options are limited because he is still being treated for liver damage.  (Blood test results were excellent, BTW).  So I have an itchy, arthritic dog who cannot have medication for either problem.  I feel so bad for him, and whatever he needs I will do for him.  He will bark for me when he needs a back rub, and I a massaging brush that he really enjoys.  I gave him a bath today, and he hates a bath, but I think it helped a little.  If a Chiropractor can take away some of his pain, I will be there.  Thank you to all who are posting about it.
Healing drool to all
Jackie and Pierre
PS - Tomorrow I am going to Nanuet with Patti and her mother as they meet and greet their new rescue hound, Holly from BHRA, who will be renamed Dixie. Thank you BHRA, they are thrilled.  It is so cute, Patti's friends at work threw her a doggie shower and bought her lots of toys and treats for Dixie.  I know Dixie is going to a great home, and I am taking pictures tomorrow.