[Dailydrool] The Will To Live

BubbaDoggInc at aol.com BubbaDoggInc at aol.com
Sun Feb 1 19:39:31 PST 2009

Debbie,

      I have to agree with you that sometimes the  before pictures of some of
the rescued houndies, especially the seniors, just  rips your heart apart. I
will always remember "Handsome Harry", who was thought  to be blind and deaf
but after a good cleaning, he actually could see. He was  the most pitiful
senior hound and I loved him immediately. He went to  another foster home to live
out his golden years and had six more wonderful  months in a loving, caring
environment. His eyes came alive and he played  somewhat with the other houndies
in the home. That was my first shocking  experience in rescue and one I will
never forget.

     My Rusty Simon came into rescue weighing 29  pounds, heart worm
positive, deaf, ear infections, corneal ulcer in his left  eye, severely neglected,
and living in his own little silent world. We  transported him and I fell in
love with this sweet little houndie who rode in my  lap the whole time. We went
back after him two weeks later after he started his  heart worm treatment and
slowly, his true personality came out. He learned signs  and blended well with
my pack of one at that time. He has angel eyes and a  devilish grin and became
the sneaky one in the pack. He welcomes any foster who  stays with us and is
our special little boy. Amazingly, all our houndies  watch out after him like
they can sense he is deaf.

    Our little Miss Twinkle Toes showed a strong will  to live when she
dragged herself from the road to a house and found a kindly  person who took her to
the shelter who called us to get her. Her will to live  was astounding,
especially with a fractured pelvis.

Dottie

Mom to: "The "Ratboyz"

Rusty Simon (Waddle King 2007)
Elvis Ray (the Wild  Child)
Chetty Cheese (I rescued myself)
Max (I'm the foster  "Ratboyz")
Sweet Bubba, ATB

Carolina Basset Hound  Rescue
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
hs%26~ck=anavml)