[Dailydrool] Mourning Bassets

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at tycoelectronics.com
Mon Feb 2 03:04:30 PST 2009

When Sadie Jean passed away from bloat in May of '07, our Casper mourned
for a full month.  It was SO sad watching her mope around!!  I have a
great picture of her being comforted by her friend Riley taken just 3
days after Sadie left us (e-mail me if you'd like me to send you a copy
- it's the saddest yet sweetest picture ever!!).   She finally came
around when we fostered Madden, who ended up staying!!  Don't know why
that snapped her out of it as they didn't play together for at least 7
or 8 months, but having Madden be so needy and not knowing any rules or
boundaries might have been the reason.  I guess I'll never know for
sure!!

God bless all those that have lost your furbabies recently!!  Healing
drool to all those who still need it!!

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (atb), Teddi, Casper, Sadie Jean (atb 5/2/07) and
Madden~
Dogster Pages:

Tatum: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2769&j=t
Teddi: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2773&j=t