[Dailydrool] Basset of The Week contest

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Feb 1 23:50:57 PST 2009

Nelly Belle's picture finally made it to the
Basset of The Week contest!  Momma is feeling
quite proud right now.  For a senior that spent
most of her life raising puppies in a wire cage
and not knowing what love is she sure has come
a long ways in 3 1/2 months and she smells a whole
lot better than that first day.  Of the 8 furkidz in
the house, she is the velcro baby and refuses to go
on playdates with my granddogs unless I am right
there.   She did finally play with a toy yesterday and of
all the toys in the big wicker basket she went and found the
kitties green snake toy.  I didn't have the heart to take it
away from her since she was having so much fun doing the
Basset 500 and playing keep away with Sadie Maye.
Now when I look into her soulful eyes I don't
see all of life's pain.  She is one very happy girl and
I am a very lucky Momma.

In celebration we are making our chicken wheat free,
corn free soft
cookies, so there will be extra drool for all
those in need.  After all Nelly Belle feels that it is an
honor just to be in the running, but she thinks I should
still shamelessly plug for votes for her while she gets her
beauty rest.

Sending drool to all those that are in need.
Karen and The Dog House Gang