[Dailydrool] Marie & Bob ARKANSAS update

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 13:52:50 PST 2009

Marie got through again Sunday night on the land line, so here is the  update
from the Arkansas neck of the woods..... Marie asked me to get this out
there to everyone....

Conditions are very bad over all, and the rumor out there that Bob and  Marie
are hearing is that the Governor has said all is well.  Its not. (We  had the
same problem here in Acton last December 17 - so I completely understand  the
frustration of not being declared a disaster area - your on your own for
repairs from a disaster, we're still recovering and our storm was no where near
as bad as this one sounds!)

All the county is running on generator power at 50%, so phones are sporadic
and do not ring, but messages are up and working so phone messages left can be
 retrieved when they have clear access.  Radio stations are broadcasting at
50% power - and again, not getting much information to them, but some is
getting  out.
No power crews have been seen and their county has more than 1000 power
poles down, they are being told to expect no electricity for up to 6  weeks.

The local market has power on and off - but has ran out of much needed  items
- if anyone would like to help, Marie and Bob absolutely need the  following
items - only US Mail is getting through at this point, so do not fedex  or
other carrier ship - it won't get there for some time.

Sterno
coffee mate powdered creamer
liquid parafin
lamp oil
table top propane

Marie & Boib Radebaugh
703 Dixie Circle
Horseshoe Bend, AR 72512
(870) 670-4626 - leave message as phones are not ringing.

Marie said the hounds are being very very good - cuddling up in front of  the
ever going fireplace, and running out quick on leash for potty breaks then
lickety split back inside! - the fencing is down due to a huge oak tree  that
came down.  It's been cut up, but obviously getting folks out to help  move it
and  restring fencing is going to take time.

We're keeping everyone in our thoughts and hoping that recovery is  completed
ahead of schedule!
Reporting in -
Dawn and the Hounds of Daphneyland