[Dailydrool] Basset Rescue

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 15:15:22 PST 2009

We know times are tough for everyone but they are especially hard for rescues right now. It seems every hound wmbri ( Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc.) gets has a health problem. We have a dog six years old that needs eye surgery he has an eyelid that rolls in and his eyelashes scratch his eyeball. He is in unrelenting pain, his eye weeps and he has ulcers around the bottom eyelid from the constant moisture caused by the irritation, the cost of the surgery for him is $400.00. We have a young female who came to us with Pnuemonia and has been on several antibiotic therapies to get her well, she is still coughing but better now, the vet bills are becoming harder and harder to pay. Each dog we get as a stray costs us around $300.00 to get examed, heartworm tested, shots, bloodwork, and spayed or nuetered before we can even begin to advertise them as adoptable. We worry every week if we will have enough to buy food. If anyone can help or  has
 some ideas on how we can raise money we would much appreciate them. Please emal chris at wmbri.org with suggestions or if you can afford a small donation please go to our website at wmbri.org and click on the Pay Pal button at the bottom of the page. Thanks again for being there for us!