[Dailydrool] BHP Syndrome

Elsamarie5 at cs.com Elsamarie5 at cs.com
Tue Feb 3 20:08:25 PST 2009

I have to share a scary experience I had today at Petsmart. I had just picked
up Patty, my little "whodunit" canine mix from the grooming salon and was
leaving when the automatic doors rolled open and I saw a young woman walking
slowly toward us. My heart stopped, my hands began sweating, I felt dizzy and
unable to move, I was shaking and frozen to the spot. Patty & I both had our eyes
fixed on what she was holding, the absolutely most adorable Basset Hound Puppy
(BHP) I have ever seen!
She was a lemon/white with a bulging fat little pink tummy properly exposed
and bidding everyone to approach her for rubs. You could hear numerous "Oooos"
and "Ahhhs" from staff and customers alike.
We were all totally helpless in her presence. Her ears were long and
perfectly framed her sad-faced expression, when I touched them, they were so soft I
couldn't stop stroking them. Her droopy eyes and sagging jowls were positively
irresistible with syrupy sweet drool crystalized on her nose.
It took every bit of civilized self control I could muster to keep from
grabbing her up and making a break for the exit. I asked the lady if she was a
Drooler and she said, "No, she doesn't drool much." When I saw she didn't
understand what I meant, I launched into my DD pitch complete with email address and
list of benefits. She promised to look into it and we parted, but I knew that I
had been struck with a severe case of BHP Syndrome. Now what am I going to
do? The current literature states BHP Syndrome can be fatal in severe cases. Has
anyone ever fully recovered without professional intervention?
 Help, fellow Droolers, is there any thing I can take to relieve the
symptoms?
When I got home and Archie caught her scent on me, he went crazy, jumping up &
 down whining and searching frantically throught the garage and car, "Where
is she mom? Is she over here? Is she in this box? Can we keep her? Can she
sleep with us?" Oh no, he's got BHPS too, now what?

I know, I'll write the DD and see if anyone else has any ideas of what might
help, surely someone will have experience with BHPS. Please, fellow Droolers,
help us out, we are desparate for your advice.

Judy & Archie (with ice bags over heads, thermometers protruding from
mouths), seeking solice and any ray of hope!!!  Sigh :(