[Dailydrool] update on Claudia

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Tue Feb 3 19:36:00 PST 2009

Claudia called me tonight to tell me that things are
starting to improve in her area.  While she's still working
12 hour shifts, she has been able to get a hot shower
and she got some MREs and water yesterday. Probably
the most uplifting thing is that when she arrived home
this morning just as it was getting to be daylight, she
found that someone had gotten the tree limbs off of her
roof and cleaned the debris out of her front yard and
stacked it at the street. She doesn't know who did it,
but someone did a LOT to lift her spirits.

Her house has structural damage but the insurance
adjustor can't get there until the 17th - he did tell her
to take pictures and then proceed with repairs, though.
She has a couple of people looking for a reliable
contractor - her first priority, of course, is a fenced
area for the hounds!  She says not everyone "gets"
that, but she knows that WE do!

Mail is being delivered now and the banks are open
for 2 or 3 hours a day, some areas have computer
service - small things but as Claudia put it, now
there's light at the end of the tunnel without a
train behind it!

Since she's getting mail now, if anyone  would like
to send Claudia and Winston, Sadie and Sir Henry
a valentine, email me off list for her address -

Also the raffle for Claudia and House of Puddles
is still going on with some great prizes - quilts,
a pet cam, placemats embroidered with bassets,
basset watering can, Pw Olive's fudge, Auntie Suz's
homemade chicken jerky, Carol's chocolate lollipups,
a gift certificate to the Slobber Shoppe, a personalized
tee shirt, singing hounds, personalized scrapbook of
your basset(s), handpainted welcome basset plaque
and much, much more!  Check it out at

http://web.me.com/dlindy/Site_10/Prize_Package_A.html

Claudia asked me to let everyone know how much
she appreciates all the drool and good wishes for her
and her hounds - it means a lot to her to know that
people care.

So how about some good old "get the power back on"
drool for Auntie Claudia and her houndies?

Thanks,
Donna