[Dailydrool] BHP Syndrome

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 13:18:19 PST 2009

Not long ago I was surprised in the pet aisle of Target, of all
places, by a couple holding a sleeping eight-week-old basset puppy.
There's nothing more adorable--and benign--than a sleeping basset
puppy. I stroked her head, told the couple about the Drool, warned
them that bassets only *look* slow and stupid, and thought very, very
hard about all the stuff young Charlie chewed up when he came to live
with us at the age of eleven months. It was visualizing the gleefully
gnawed corner of my harp that allowed me to get out of Target without
a basset puppy in my arms. Perhaps young Charlie has successfully
immunized me against the acquisition of more puppies. He really was a
handful.

Elizabeth