[Dailydrool] BHP Syndrome

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Wed Feb 4 13:53:13 PST 2009

I had a very nasty case of BHP Syndrome in between Christmas and New Year.

Admittedly, I was asking for it.  I transported two gorgeous basset puppies on behalf of a local rescue and wimpered like a five year old when ONLY THREE HOURS LATER I had to hand them over (slowly).  I had been told firmly before leaving house that morning that on no circumstances was I to come home with another hound.

We had an eventful trip.  Not content with the boot of my estate car they both managed to squeeze through the guard and 'pop' onto the back seat where they thoroughly investigated and promptly threw-up all over the contents.

I had to drive down the motorway with a laundry basket lodged between the front seats to keep them from joining me in the cockpit.  I'd brought the basket to hold a batch of towels and was rather grateful for it.

They were a very deterimined duo.  One of them - and one of their sisters (that I transported without incident a week or so later) - is still tantilisingly at the rescue.  I dare not.

Hilary, Alfie and Millie