[Dailydrool] AZBHR takes in 38 Bassets in 2009

Kim Bruck bassetsdrool at cox.net
Wed Feb 4 14:34:57 PST 2009

Arizona Basset Hound Rescue has taken in 38 Bassets since January 1st -
most of those coming in this week.   Although we can't give much detail
we are taking in more than 50% of those dogs this week.  Our vet bills
last year were 100,000 and I know they will be more than that this year
if this keeps up.

Our awesome foster homes and volunteers have come to forward to
transport and foster these dogs some beyond capacity in their homes but
it's amazing what we will do and sacrifice for those four legged
houndies!

My Joanie said that we can use her waddle page to help raise money to
pay for all those spay/neuters, shots and microchip, vet visits and
whatever care they need.  So if you can donate please help AZBHR and the
hounds:
www.azbassetrescue.com via paypal
www.firstgiving.com/bassetsdrool with credit card
or mail a check to AZBHR P O Box 3056 Gilbert AZ 85299

AZBHR recently took in a sweet boy named Smores whose surgery was $2100
as someone hit him with car then left him....he was picked up as a stray
and AZBHR took him in for surgery.  They had to put a plate in for the
femur.  His story is coming soon on our web site.

Other ways you can help are to shop at our merchandise site where you
can buy postage, shoes, shirts and more with Bassets on them
www.zazzle.com/azbassetrescue* or check out www.azbassetrescue.com under
HELP US under shopping for more great buys!

My Joanie knows the drool community will help the hounds of Arizona cuz
you are all HOUND lovers and know what having a Basset in your life
means....Joanie is awaiting to meet her new foster sister this weekend
named Donica.

10 Years...Many Ears!

Kim Bruck, President, Arizona Basset Hound Rescue