[Dailydrool] Little Bit ATB

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 07:24:28 PST 2009

There is a new star in the sky now.  Our Little Bit, a 15+ yr old Beagle who
was the 2nd hound to come to Senior Houndsabound, has made her way to the
buffet at the Bridge.  I told her about it as we were driving to the
vet.....she loved to eat, so am sure it was her first stop at the Bridge.
Her littermate,  was waiting for her, along with, I am sure quite a few
others who would keep her company at the buffet.

Little Bit was not a cuddly sort of Beagle.  Matter of fact,  you had to
watch to not get snapped, but over the year and a half since she had come to
live with us,  I could pet her,  rubs her ears, chin,  chest, back, etc.
She never trusted us enough to roll over for her belly to be petted,  nor to
ever let us hold her, much less pick her up much.
It was very sad to me that I could not love her physically, like I can most.
But I loved her on her terms,  and I hope she was content with that.  I
would have liked to give her so much more,  but she just never could trust
me enough.
Her little barks will be very much missed.  After she was gone,  I did hold
her like a baby for a few minutes,  I just had to let her know how much I
loved her and how much she is already missed.

This is a link to see her on our site:
http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=237071

Please light your candles for her journey.

wen
www.seniorhoundsabound.org