[Dailydrool] Separation anxiety and Kelvin

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Thu Feb 5 07:50:05 PST 2009

dpmcquade at juno.com wrote:
> By the way, in my limited experience, all the separation anxiety dogs have been males. I'm wondering if females are prone to it too. Any Droolers have experience in that area?
> Pam

Our newly adopted rescue, Misty, was relinquished because of stated
separation anxiety. My notes from the foster mom mention that she
destroyed two crates (one plastic and one metal) in her original home.
She was an only dog there.
In the foster home she was with multiple dogs and they had no problems.
We adopted her to be company for our Gabby and have left her at least
once with only the two dogs at home.  There was no visible trauma to
either the house of the dogs when we returned. And we heard no barking
from outside the house on either leaving or returning.
We've had her for 10 days now and she is adapting quite well to the
change of households.

Kathie G